The Michel family have been cultivating their passion for tradition and the Chablis terroir since 1850. The winery is situated in the heart of the village, with the 25-hectare vineyard spread over the very first slopes that were discovered by Cistercian monks in the 11th century. Forty years ago, the family decided to stop making the wine in wooden barrels, preferring to create clean, pure and precise Chablis without adding artificial woody tastes. Through this philosophy,
combined with the limited yields inspired by organic winegrowing techniques, the domaine has developed a worldwide reputation for fine winemaking in stainless steel tanks. Today it’s Jean-Loup Michel and his nephew Guillaume Gicqueau-Michel who uphold the family tradition and further its reputation.